New Look 6048 Completed And Review

Hi

Last week I started pattern NL 6048.  It is a sundress with options for a halter strap or regular straps.  I chose the halter strap look simply because I hadn't had a halter in a long time.  This project was suppose to take me a couple of day, but it ended up taking longer.  Here's why,  I decided that I could not tell which end was up or down, so I have been organizing my sewing area.  That was something that has been on my mind for a while and I just never seemed to have the time to get is going.  Even though I was busy organizing, I was seriously trying to finish this project.  It was like having a ball and chain wrapped around my fingers weighing me down. So, here's the finished work.
The Review

Pattern Description: Misses sundress with strap options (halter/2 straps).  
Pattern Sizing:  4-16
Fabric:  Cotton
Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Not really sure.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.
What did you like about the pattern?  The look of the dress.  I love the skirt.  The pockets are all but invisible.
Pattern alterations you made:  I added 1" to the bodice bottom and back bottom.  
Will you sew it again?  No.  I don't really like it as much as I thought, but it is a good dress.
Would you recommend this pattern to others?  Yes.
Conclusion: This pattern kind of took me in a whole different direction.  I liked the way it looked on the cover.  Construction and instruction sheet went kind of easy.  The one thing I didn't like was the top part of the sweetheart neckline.
 As you can see the front flap piece is all over the place and there are some gaps (might have tied it a little too tight), but I do plan on stitching this flap down.  I debated this for a while, but decided to show that this could be a problem for others who might would like to try this pattern.  The pattern cover that I had did not give any clues as to what type of zipper that I would need to use, but the instruction sheet had the invisible zipper as the zipper of choice.  I am beginning to like the invisible zipper.  My overall thoughts on this pattern is that it is a good pattern.  It's good for a beginner who would like to test their skills.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I am so happy that you decided to follow this experience with me.

Lots Of Love
Dellia

Comments