Wardrobe Boosting With It's Sew Easy

Hi

For a while I have been thinking of doing a few simple patterns to give myself a wardrobe boost.  My thoughts were leaning more towards just skirts and then I figured what about pants.  I actually needed more skirts, shorts, pants, and even more simple dresses because I had cleared out my closet last year.  I have been wanting more clothes that would be for the more casual side of my everyday living.

After contemplating the idea for a few days, I decided that whatever I did the projects would have to be quick in construction and cute at the end.  Getting the most bang for your minutes will be the theme in my head for my next 2 week's projects.  At the end of the 2 weeks I am hoping to have added a few pieces to my closet that I will love and enjoy wearing.

I found a few simple patterns that were in my stash that I thought might would have the potential to help me achieve my goal. I will try to make a tutorial for at least 1 of the patterns, but that is something I will decide during the process itself.  Right now, choosing the fabric is a bit daunting and confusing because right when I think I've got the right combination together, I change it.    

So, here are the patterns that I've chosen.

1-  Simplicity 2120 is my first pattern of choice.  I like this pattern because it doesn't have anything going on with it.  Straight lines all the way.  I can use a wide range of fabrics (suggested: Charmeuse, Dbl Georgette, Silk Linen, Shantung, Blends, Crepe Back Satin).  I want to make at least 2, but that will remain to be seen.  As for now, I have a piece of soft broadcloth that I will be using for this pattern.  Why am I using broadcloth?  I did say that I wanted casual and broadcloth will make it feel more casual to me.  I also have a piece of Shantung that I intend to make this dress with.  The shantung will make the dress more dressy, but for now those are the 2 pieces of fabric that I have set in stone for this project.

2- Simplicity 1853 is my second pattern of choice.  With this skirt I can see a lot of potential and I am going to admit that one of my skirts will be a maxi.  I do plan on changing 1 major problem with this skirt (for me) and that are those crazy pockets.  I like the style of the skirt, the overall look,  and it seems to be pretty simple, but the pockets will have to do some dancing.  The plan is to make 3 of these.  1 will have all of my alterations, a pocket change for another, and the final will be made according to the pattern.  I want to put some type of embellishments on 2 of them, but that is not etched in stone right now. (stay tuned)

3- Simplicity 1852 is my 3rd pattern of choice.  I just like that I can get a pair of shorts and pants out of this one.  I don't foresee any problems with this one, but who knows.  I have picked out a few yards of fabric for the shorts, but not for the pants as of yet.  I plan to use simple embellishments, according to the instructions and keep them very basic.  Here's the idea with this pattern.  I want to make 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of pants, but if I only get around to 1 of each, I'll still be happy.

Wow, I have set myself up for a nice little challenge.  That is 9 pieces in 2 weeks.  Do you think I can do it?  I sure hope so because my closet is still feeling a little empty.  Not sure which one will get the tutorial, but if you have any suggestions let me know.

I hope you will join me while I take a walk on the (pacing myself) wild side the first 2 weeks of August.  If you want to feel the pressure that I am about to go through, join in with me and send me some pictures of your finished projects.  It would be a pleasure to see what we all can do with 2 weeks and 3 patterns.  For those of you who participate with me I will post your picture and link to your site.

Until next time,
Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments