New Look 6301 Faux Wrap Dress

Hi

As the warm weather gets washed away by crazy bouts of cold, I decided I needed another dress that would keep me looking cute while I dodged the certain uncertain weather changes.  To get my Summer/Winter look on I decided to go with  New Look 6301.  This pattern was the apple of my attention from the moment that I saw it.

Even as I saw the leaves falling and turning colors, my mind ran rampant with ideas about this pattern.  I had gone on an outing with the girls and all I could see were these gorgeous winter wrap dresses.  To my delight the color palettes were dreamy.  I had to have one, but my in my color and my style.
When I completed my project I felt as if I had a winner on my hands.  Some of the dresses that I had seen were pretty, but the colors were so Wintery and dark.  I'm in love with this fabric.  I got it from Fabric Mart a while back and I'm sorry to say that they are all sold out of this one, but they are running a sale on ITY fabric right now that is really making me a happy ITY camper.

The Review

Pattern Description: 
Misses knit dress with skirt and sleeve options and tie that can be worn in the front or the back.
Pattern Sizing:
A ( 8- 20)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pieces were easy to manipulate and it came together rather quickly.

Fabric Used: ITY knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any adjustments to this pattern.  

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes and yes

Conclusion:  This is an awesome pattern to add to your pattern stash.  It was very easy to assemble and the instructions were great.  The ITY that I used was very sturdy (stable and not flimsy).  I liked how this particular piece of fabric made this dress look and feel.  I think the next time I will go with either a wool jersey (winter style) or a matte jersey.  

I am very pleased with how this pattern worked out and to me, New Look patterns make a lot of sense without a lot of fuss.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Until next time.

Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments