Our Last Prom Dress 2015

Hi

It's that time of year when all the Senior High Schoolers are looking forward to "The Last Prom".   My daughter let me know that I was not going to be exempt from the festivities.  All the fun came my way just after I had signed up for the Sewing Pattern Review contest at the beginning of the month.

My oldest daughter decided that she wanted to go to the prom right in the middle of my planning for the contest.  So, instead of getting busy with my contest, I began putting together her dress.  There were a lot of pattern options that she liked, but ultimately she came up with something that suited the both of us.

 McCall's 6030 was the starting point for her dress.  We went to Joann and Hancock Fabrics to get things rolling.  I was happy and sad all at the same time.  My emotions were every where, but I fought back tears as I thought about my prom so many years ago.  My Mom went through a lot of last minute rushing in order to get me ready and I thought it would only be fair that I do the same for my princess.

My daughter decided that she would pick the pattern and I could figure out the rest.  I felt overwhelmed because I felt like I had my plate full, but I didn't want to let her down.  My mind was constantly between contest and prom.  I would have to take a few hours here and there between the 2 and finally I came up with a theme for my contest and the perfect fabric for her prom dress.  I ended up ordering the fabric (ebay) for the prom dress and the chiffon I got from Hancock Fabrics.  The rhinestone trim I found at Joann's.  I was amazed at the quality of this trim and we couldn't leave it.  Sparkly things are very much her hobby.

Once I got started with her dress, every 2 minutes she came in to check on it (She was off for Spring Break).  I couldn't think with her little eyes on me like a hawk.  The result was I had to wait for her to go back to school in order to get anything done.

Here she is in her "Last Prom Dress".




Oshja chose a red high heel sandal because she wanted a "POP" of color.  I thought it was a good idea and went with it. Shoes are from Belk.
Here she is with her date for the evening.  Thank you Tarrence for making this day a beautiful memory.  I just love this picture in vintage.

Masks were made by Oshja
We have now passed another mile stone and with each one I feel mixed with my emotions, but the thoughts that I feel the most are the moments when my mind wonders to "My little girl is no long a little girl".  There aren't any words right now that can really explain where I am, but I can say again in this life that I now know what my Mother felt.

No review for this one,  I basically went my own way.

Thank you for joining me today and I'll see you next post.  If you haven't checked out the PR contest, go over to their site and see what it's about.  I'll be busy trying to finish that off finally.

Until next time,

Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments