Vogue 1032 Wedding Dress Reveal

Hi

When last I posted, I was bursting to let a secret out.  So, this will be a continued post about the construction of the wedding dress that I was making for a friend.  I will try not to be too wordy or too picture heavy as we get closer to the reveal. 

Ok, Here were my thoughts about constructing the dress using lace as the main fabric.  I knew I needed to use a base fabric to hold everything together and a lightweight satin in white was what I used.

After the muslin fitting, I took the muslin apart and used it as the pattern for the dress.  I cut each piece separate.  Satin first, lace, then lining.  Once I had all the pieces I stitched the lace to the satin. 
 Each section was sewn individually.  The bodice was done first.
Then the back was attached to that.

Front View
Back View
Before I actually stepped back to look at the dress, I had cut out the back pieces together.  When I looked at the pieces, I saw that the back was funny looking and decided to mirror one of the sides.  Good thing I had lots of lace left. 

Dress before the sparklies.


Sleeve set with the scallop forming the tip at the wrist.
 Well, I know I said I couldn't wait  for the final reveal and here it is.  My friends, Mr. Paul and Mrs. Shandell Kardeen.  Congratulations!!!!

Shandell was so beautiful and I'm not saying that because I made the dress, but because she is really beautiful inside as well as outside.
The train was really long.  I ended up cutting 12" off and this is the length that was left.


The mirrored back panels

Shandell's favorite crew

Dad and I giving kisses for years of Luck and Love
This was a moment I will never forget.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Forever memories.  I love you Shandell and pray that God will bless you and Paul with many years of happiness.

There were a lot of different things that was done to make this dress personal to my friend.  I think I followed the style that she wanted and fulfilled her main desires.  She was very happy and danced the night away. 

My view on the pattern without the alterations...  It is a good pattern with the exceptions of 1- The train is very long.  2- The V is very open.  It goes down to the center of the breast bone.  3-  This dress is for a very flat stomach or shapely formed woman.  Construction was time consuming with adding the lace, but it might would have gone a little smoother and faster without the lace.  The instructions were helpful, but not necessarily used on my end. 

Upcoming Prom goers, this dress would make a beautiful dress with a few minor alterations.  It could be done in a silk, shantung, or a charmeuse.  So when looking for something different and new, this pattern kind of covers a lot of ground when it comes to making an entrance.  The colors that could be used are endless even prints would be perfect for this one.  Sewers, if you want an interesting challenge, try this one.  It will surprise you in the end.

I  enjoyed this project from start to finish and I hope you enjoyed my post.  Thank you for joining me and waiting for the reveal because I was about to burst trying to hold her secret.

Lots Of Love
Dellia

Comments